DCAcademy Postdoctoral Winter Meeting
The aim of the meeting is to provide the participants with insight into current trends within the science community and improve transferable skills within eg. publication and communication. The meeting will be held in Isaberg, Sweden.
Info about event
Navigating new research agendas as a cardiovascular researcher
The DCAcademy Postdoctoral Winter Meeting 2023 is exclusively aimed at Postdoctoral fellows and PhD students.
Join this meeting and:
- Get the latest insights on the funding landscape and mechanisms behind the assessment of project proposals
- Participate in debates on how to navigate new research agendas (such as the patient perspective, user value, citizen science and the basic science perspective)
- Gain insights on novel aspects of drug development, inflammation, and blood vessels
- Strengthen your communication and writing proficiencies and receive training in effective strategies for the dissemination of your research
- Practice your oral presentation skills and get feedback from your peers
- Meet and interact with peers and international top researchers, and expand your network
During the 4-day meeting, you will work in groups on challenges related to the societal impact of your own research and, in close collaboration with a journalist, you will work on the public outreach of your research.
You will get insight into current trends within the field of cardiovascular research as well as create a stronger network with fellow peers. At a panel debate with experienced reviewers, you will learn about the funding mechanisms behind the scenes. The meeting offers a programme with a mixture of scientific lectures, inspirational talks, group work as well as oral presentations of the participants’ own research. Networking activities include hands-on physiological experiments, a sauna raft on a nearby lake, and a time slot allocated for skiing.
The 2023 Winter Meeting will be held at Isaberg Mountain Resort, Sweden, where you will be accomodated in cabins. DCAcademy will transport all participants by bus from Denmark to Isaberg, Sweden, with pick-ups in Aarhus, Odense, and Copenhagen. The official programme kicks off when the bus departs from Copenhagen. DCAcademy will sponsor an overnight stay in Aarhus March 6th ,2023, for participants from Aalborg. Transportation and accommodation at Isaberg Mountain Resort is sponsored by DCAcademy. DCAcademy will not be sponsoring expenses related to skiing.