Midterm Symposium: Early growth and adiposity and the risk of cardiometabolic disease in a life course perspective: Insights from basic and clinical research
One day symposium in at Mærsk Tower on Early growth and adiposity and the risk of cardiometabolic disease in a life course perspective: Insights from basic and clinical research organized by DCAcademy grant recipients Louise Aas Holm and Pauline Kromann Reim.
Info about event
Holst Auditorium, Mærsk Tower, University of Copenhagen
It is our great pleasure to invite you to the DCA Symposium entitled “Early growth and adiposity and the risk of cardiometabolic disease in a life course perspective: Insights from basic and clinical research” hosted by the Danish Cardiovascular Academy and the PhD programme ‘Basic Metabolic Research’, University of Copenhagen.
Holst Auditorium, at the Maersk Tower 1st floor, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Programme of the day
The programme will include international and national speakers from both basic and clinical research:
- Dr. Alice Hughes, PhD, University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- Associate Professor Tine Dalsgaard Clausen, Center for Pregnant Women with Diabetes, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
- Clinical Associate Professor, Jens-Christian Holm, The Children’s Obesity Clinic, Department of Paediatrics, Holbæk Hospital, Denmark
- Assistant Professor, Roelof Smit, Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Associate Professor, Jennifer Lyn Baker, Center for Clinical Research and Prevention, Frederiksberg Hospital, Denmark
- Postdoc Sara Elizabeth Stinson, University of Oslo, Norway
By combining research within genetics and metabolomics with research within obstetrics, paediatrics, and epidemiology, we aim to facilitate an interdisciplinary discussion of the complex mechanisms involved in the associations between early growth, adiposity, and later disease.
We hope that you will join us in making this Symposium a memorable and insightful experience.